StakeborgDAO Ambassadors Program

Thanks a lot for your input & questions, @ostanescu, really, really good ones.

For this question I’ve taken into consideration 2 points:

1. Every month (usually at the start of the month), every community member is asked to apply again for any of the roles (hodlers, stakers, or diamond hands). This will happen again now, in July. When we will announce the necessity of renewing the application for one of the roles, we will also announce the community to take into consideration the importance of the vote for the Ambassadors. So we are having in mind that everyone who will receive the role hodler-plus, will know about the voting process about to happen.
  2. In the success metrics & KPIs section, I’ve mentioned that we will consider this proposal a successful one if, among others, “* At least 50% of the hodlers-plus role will vote;”. The vote for every candidate will be nominal. As normal, some of the future ambassadors will receive more votes than others. It will be considered enough just for one candidate to receive at least 50% of the possible votes, in order for this proposal to be considered successful. This is not a mandatory quorum tho(consider it more like a nice to have one), because it will also be up to the community to get involved.

I totally support these ones. I think they could be considered as part of the creativeness of the ambassadors and that’s the main reason you can find in the proposal, the 5th KPI from the Ambassadors job description, as a mandatory one: " 5. Participate in at least one Build meetup/month (online or IRL), exclusively between the ambassadors. For the meetup(s) to be successful more than 70% of the ambassadors must participate.".

The same 5th KPI suggests this (not mandatory to be IRL, but definitely, when/if possible, a great goal). Take into consideration that the next Stakeborg DAO Talks edition will be on July 20. It may be a great occasion for the Ambassadors to plan an IRL. Expect to have TST on a monthly basis (and the Ambassadors & moderators will be always invited)

Thanks again for the questions & for the feedback!

3 Likes

Happy to see your input on this, as the whole community considers you one of the informal traveling ambassadors.

From my point of view, the Traveling ambassador(s) will have a little different role, thinking at this exact point you’ve suggested. And looking at the point 9 KPI: " 9. Identify real-live crypto / DAO / blockchain but not limited to events, and participate in at least one such event during the 6 months. The goal is to network and connect with other people, making them familiar with Stakeborg DAO. And, of course, bring your learnings inside Stakeborg DAO.", this goes hand in hand with your suggestion.

As long as an IRLM a month happens, it doesn’t matter(especially in the Traveling Ambassador(s) case, if that it happens with the existing Stakeborg DAO community, or with the “possible soon to become” part of the community. So, the short answer is yes, the type of IRLM you are suggesting qualifies for this KPI.

Definitely(when speaking of the traveling ambassador role). He/she can travel also to cities/countries where we already have a regional ambassador. Sharing the experience & organizing in joint efforts is considered the KPI is reached.

Do you(or any member of the community) feel that your questions need to be answered in the proposal also? Or this update is enough?

That’s why when referring to the ambassador role, you can see that is always written “ambassador(s)”.

6 Likes

Thanks for the question(a really good one), and for the feedback, @Jenny!

Exactly as the Ambassadors job description KPIs, in the case of the metrics “Some are totally measurable, some are measurable in a more subjective way:”

This one is one of the subjective ones. But the KPI no. 11. says this: “Actively participate in AMAs & DOERS Monthly Calls”. At this moment I don’t see a special call (another one), to only give feedback this kind of feedback, but, the community should use the AMAs and especially the DOERS Monthly Calls to give this kind of feedback. And if there will be this need in the future, I think your idea of anonymous questionnaires is a really good one. I will not start with it, but it is definitely a possibility in the future.

For now I consider the 15 KPIs are good enough as a start point and the fact that The Bonus and The Otherside of the bonus exist, will offer the necessary feedback.

Thanks again for your input, if it something that remained unclear, please continue with another question.

3 Likes

The community is smart enough to curate the content. One that will only spam the community will not stand a chance imo. But now that you’ve mentioned it, maybe we can add an extra task to ambassadors and server moderators: to actively and constantly promote a set of good practises and offer support to the aspiring ambassadors that are seeking it.

5 Likes

Hey, @endi ! Seeing the “monthly doers” call written above, it sparked in my mind the idea that maybe every second month, this can be led by the ambassadors (maybe a twitter spaces, as an option?). In these sessions they can have a small presentation of their activity and take direct feedback from the community. May help them to work on formal communication skills and data collection and may help those that find it easy to connect with them via this channel

4 Likes

First of all, great job @Endi & co. for putting out this Ambassadors Program Proposal!

I want to stress out the fact that there were discussions and we, the interim ambassadors, have mentioned things we have found / understood to be musts for this role. This feedback was taken into account for the above proposal.

I think the measurable KPIs are really good and will prove to be very useful.

In regards to the 5th KPI - “for the meetup(s) to be successful more than 70% of the ambassadors must participate”, I think this limitation could actually bring more postponement. It’s one of the things I think we all as interim ambassadors agree on, that having meetings with 50% is good enough, having a meeting minutes written, shared with the others, and eventually get feedback. It’s the way to get things forward rather than wait for the perfect moment to start.

What happens with the tokens that are not allocated due to not completing at least 4KPIs?

Btw, love the idea of a 24/7 Ambassador mindset.

PS: @gsping, great idea with joining the VAN!

9 Likes

Congratulations @endi & co. For this proposal which is very well done and with measurable KPIs, it is very good for community development.

Can this proposal be improved? Most likely, but first I think we need to work on that and get feedback and improve in the future.

We are all learning now, we are pioneers in this industry.

I fully agree with @ 1johnny, with KPI at 50% participation of ambassadors in meetings, this opinion is from our interim experience, sometimes it is difficult to find the perfect free place for everyone.

And, as you said, I am a big supporter of @eugenPtr for a new position as Travel Ambassador, I think @eugenPtr can bring a new vision and new opportunities from his digital nomadic lifestyle, we really need a new mindset .

9 Likes

Good job with the proposal @endi! And so many interesting points that were addressed and discussed so far. I really like this idea of using Twitter Spaces as a platform for sharing key learnings, activity results and engaging in further discussions with the community.

6 Likes

Great suggestions, @eugenPtr ! I also see the Ambassador role as a “glue” not only within our StakeborgDAO community, but also in the larger DAO / public space. :heart:

7 Likes

Very comprehensive proposal, hits all the important points. Maybe I would leave one month where KPIs are not reached and still paid (leave) but overall in 5/6 months to reach first 5 KPIs each month.
What is the way the ambassadors communicate with the team, because it is very important to build these bridges as fast and as solid as possible?

1 Like

it’s 250 STANDARD tokens or 250$ worth of STA DARD necessary? :smiley: Because in the first case it would mean that only 33% of the community will be eligible for this role (aprox 290 from 882) In the second case it would mean 36% (aprox 320 from 882) . I am not sure if it’s fair to eliminate more than 60% of the stakers , I understand the need for skin in the game but looking backward at the last on chain proposal , wallets with a couple.of STANDARD were more involved in the voting process than our “whales”.

2 Likes

I am a big fan of bonuses first of all because I am a competitive person and from my point of view, if someone does a better job and is more active than he/she should be rewarded. But, wouldn’t be better to let the community decide by vote who is the “winner”? Maybe this would be an advantage to the ambassadors with bigger local communities, but each ambassador can present their report in front of the community and let them to decide. This way the reports will be more complex with a bigger role in the ambassador’s activity.

2 Likes

I think it’s a very good and also very important proposal ! Good job @endi & co :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for the hard work of organizing and consolidating all the initial ideas/feedback! For me, it is quite clear and although there may be opportunities for improvement, we must keep things going and improve as we go. Perfection is the enemy of very good!

5 Likes

In terms of KPIs, I have a few suggestions and will explain the motivation for them below:

1. We need to take a snapshot of local guild members now in July. We’ll do another after 3 months and another after 6 months.
    If the ambassador will develop the local members’ awareness and increase membership by at least 50% (because most local guilds have between 5-20 members) for each quarter, we should give another 200 STANDARD bonuses.

It is important to start growing up these local guilds in the next 6 months.
One IRLM meeting a month will not give us a picture of whether the local guild will grow over the next 6 months or, at worst, people will start leaving. I know it’s not 100% an ambassador’s responsibility to fight against market conditions or other things that may cause a member to leave the community, but it’s clear to me that an ambassador should be looking out for members and keeping them together, not just for crypto reasons, but for the social and educational needs that everyone aspires to.

1. Ambassadors’ Twitter activity: I propose to introduce a condition for the monthly bonus (300 Standard and 200 Standard for 1st and 2nd place). Ambassadors should only be eligible for the bonus if their monthly Twitter activity reaches 15,000 tweet impressions per month in the first 3 months and 20,000 tweet impressions in the last 3 months.

Everyone can write a thread on Twitter as a condition, but we need to look at engagement and how relevant that thread is, that’s why it will be important to link a mandatory condition with some data from the analytics, such as the impression of the tweet (similar logic can be used for the article on stakeborg.xyz).

1. The report must necessarily contain the result of Twitter analytics and stakeborgdao.xyz analytics.
    These reports will help us to improve the job quality and give the community the right expectations.

2. The ambassadors’ article should be written in such a way that it is eligible for media partners such as Capital magazine or CoinDesk (this may also be a prerequisite for the bonus).

3. Ambassador voting process: I think we can improve not only the voting process but also the deadlines for the final period, such as the new preselection team (1 December), general report and evaluation (5 December), a new application (10 December), new Ambassadors team by 24 December.

4. Add a sports ambassador position, sport is the most effective ambassador, and this post can be for 1 year instead of 6 months, and it will be the task of the preselection team to make some proposals for the community.
    Here, from the beginning, I will say that football teams should be excluded. They can be members of our community, but not necessarily.

Now, regarding the preselection team and motivation: I think we need more decentralized decisions on how members are chosen, and in my view, the local guilds are not represented by the proposed team which includes 3 of our moderators. Before any further team selection, we need to open up this position more, and ask for feedback from the community, and only then can we have a picture of what roles would be better included.

Also, suppose we want to be a DAO in the most transparent way possible. In that case, we need to give people who are going to apply for any position in DAO Stakeborg (ambassador, moderator, pre-selection team, Stakeborg Finance Committee, etc.) the opportunity to come forward and present their application, not only in the comments on Agora but also on the voice channels on discord and Twitter space.

9 Likes

Great proposal, @endi! I’m not a very active member in any project but I’m watching very closely what is happening overall.
In my opinion, along with SFC, and this proposal, StakeborgDAO made a huge step forward. So far, I think this DAO had an organic growth and the incentivization of ambassadors should be a big boost for the community.
I also think that for a community to grow, educate and prosper we need good leaders to lead the ship even in bearish times.
What I liked so much is the job description. This is a well-described job description with a lot of ideas and opportunities. My favorite is number 8, huge potential on that.
The good feedback was given by the other members, I’m here just to appreciate what I liked and to say that I support this proposal. Cheers. :clap: :raised_hands:

7 Likes

It is essential to stay united, especially in difficult times, as MAC said above, we need to find an even more pleasant way to interact, we can go out somewhere to relax with the whole guild or do some activities between irlm.

3 Likes

I just hope that the selected ambassadors put their heart into developing our community instead of this reward, don’t get me wrong, but if they don’t put their heart first, things won’t move forward.
All in all, an excellent proposal💪

2 Likes

Congrats to everyone involved in this proposal. I don’t have anything to add on top of what already has been discussed, but I just want to show my appreciation for all the effort and also great feedback from the community.

2 Likes

For this topic, the moderators are doing it already and it will be found in their job description. As for the existing ambassadors to offer support to aspiring ones, I totally support this, but I don’t see it being put in the frame as an extra task, as you can find something similar at the 12 point from the job description: " 12. Support actively and in creative ways, the work of community members on Discord, especially on channels dedicated to their city/town;"

I think this is a great idea and I totally support it. And I see in other comments, such as @RaluW one the same feedback. So, I already changed the 11th point of the proposal from “11. Actively participate in AMAs & DOERS Monthly Calls” to “11. Actively participate in AMAs & every second month (starting with August) organizing the DOERS Monthly Calls, either on Discord or on Twitter Spaces.”

1 Like