Retroactive rewards proposal

@DubluDe This is a very good point! We should start using web3 tools and this is a really good opportunity to do so.

Thank you for your input and your feedback!

6 Likes

Hi DubluDe, we appreciate you took time to review the proposal and leave a comment. As a core contributor in our community from the very beginning and with large implication in all projects/activities, I am curious if from your POV we missed something/there is something you’d add or rephrase to this proposal.

Thank you for building with us since the beginning and for the months to come.

6 Likes

Indeed, the proposal was brainstormed a lot to ensure that we capture as much feedback as possible with the aim to achieve a better distributed voting power starting from now until the end of $STANDARD farming period. Most of the contributors are already diamond hands and will continue to be, using the received standard as voting power to reinforce the idea of a dao you cannot fuck with.

We are a young DAO, we live and learn, improving day by day, and the achievements we had at community level only shows that we can work well together.

We are still early and especially for the Romanian communities, both existing and those that are unborn yet, we have the chance to become THE STANDARD.

5 Likes

Indeed was a reality check, but one we needed. The market sentiment is not great, but I strongly believe it would have not matter even if the first voting would have been taken in a bull market. That vote was not easily taken, but is a great time to assess, learn, adapt and build. Thank you not only for being here, but also for being involved in projects.

5 Likes

Thank you, @CryptoPAlex , for taking the time to go through the proposal and leave a comment. We appreciate it! I am happy to see that the idea of incresing voting power for the contributors of our community comes through and is recognized by so many colleagues that engaged with the proposal.
Thank you for being here and for building together, side by side :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you, @danielcocris , for your feedback!
Going forward, creating a framework for rewarding contributors will still be a topic for the next proposals to come. With this one here, we aimed to reward the amazing work that our DOERS have put in from the very beginning (in a one-time approach), motivate them to continue to get involved, as well as help with further distributing voting power. Thank you for your contribution to our common growth! :heart:

5 Likes

We discussed and tried over the weeks to find the best proposal in the most transparent way and the fact that we presented a draft of the proposal to the community in the monthly doers’ call, showed that every time we were open to feedback and suggestions.

The intention and the reasons for this proposal are well known to everyone and, as you said, we need to move forward and not get stuck because everyone wants to keep working on the project and come back with other proposals and bring more value to our DAO.

Thank you ser for your feedback!.

6 Likes

Thank you @NIRV4N4 for your energy and support for this proposal! We are here to build, no doubt of that.

7 Likes

First of all, big thanks and warm hugs to everyone who put time and effort into creating this proposal

I don’t have any concerns about this proposal, therefore I fully support it.

Shall the SFC accept it, this will be an interesting experiment for our community.

We’ll be able to see what contributors do if they receive .05% of the total supply (how much we’ll hold and how much we’ll sell?). From this we can tell the sentiment of the community and act where needed. If the majority of the tokens will be sold, people are losing faith and we need to start more initiatives to strengthen the community (more IRLMs, more transparency, communication and a closer relationship between the community and the bootstrapping team).

6 Likes

Great comment @eugenPtr ! Indeed it will be interesting to see what the community will do with this incentive, but I am confident that we won’t see a major dumping of Standard. Thanks for your feedback!

3 Likes

Thank you @Tesseract for your comment and support!

4 Likes

Hello and thanks for the comments & support @Alex-Cara & @stefz97.crypto!

We hope that this is just one of the many more stones that will pave the way for “a DAO you cannot fuck with” full of contributors willing to help and share knowledge :blue_heart:

5 Likes

Congrats guys for the proposal, very good structure and I think this will be very helpful for future DOERs, to see that your contribution is worthy. And the community need more voting power.
Keep up the good work and, let’s grow and develop this projects to the next level.

5 Likes

Announcement Retroactive rewards proposal

The deadline for providing feedback on Agora for the Retroactive Rewards Proposal has passed today at 3.00 PM.

On the behalf of the initiators of this proposal I want to thank all of you that offered your feedback and support on Agora. We are very happy to see that all feedback was unanimously positive and the community agrees with the contents of the proposal

What’s next?

The proposal will now be assessed by the StakeborgDAO Financial Committee ( SFC ). With a green light from SFC, the proposal will move to the Snapshot vote.

Based on the proposed calendar, the SFC’s assessment should come in the next days, before the proposal’s move to the Snapshot voting, scheduled on the 27th of July.

Don’t forget to keep an eye on Agora, Discord and Twitter for the updates on the next stages of this proposal!

Have a great weekend #stakeborgars!

5 Likes

It is remarkable how well structured and we’ll thought this proposal is. It becomes obvious the amount of work put into it and it saddens me that my priorities in the past months have kept me from contributing along you guys to such great work into making this proposal. For whatever weight my past contributions to few of the project mentioned above have, I vote for moving forward with the proposal.

5 Likes

Congrats for all the hard work invested into creating this proposal! Moreover, congrats to all the contributors that offered their time and skills without expecting anything in exchange; this sets an example for the future.

I just wait to exercise my right and power and vote this proposal!

2 Likes

Welcome back @Kalladin ! Great to have you back here!

1 Like

Thank you @etf_dao !

Hello guys, thank you for your patience! The SFC is back with an answer regarding the proposal and we’re happy to share it with you. We believe the SFC should have a semi-passive role and offer guidance for voters as proposals move forward. This is meant for better scaling when the time comes and being prepared ahead of time.

As for the proposal, the opinions of the committee members are mixed. For that, as hygiene measures, we believe that the core team shall not vote (as indicated in the 2nd Whitepaper, criteria that still hold). We think the DAO members should vote for the final result in a Snapshot vote but we’d like to share our concerns ahead of that:

• The documents regarding the calculus, who gets how much and the last tables (which are not presented in the proposal) should have been made available on Agora

• The reward is questionably meritocratic as all projects are mashed up (instead of a more straightforward, individual request). This led to a complex structure, a subjective 5% coefficient and calculus that is done top-down (working with 100.000 tokens down instead of starting from individual contributions and amounting to a total)

• We think that individual proposals would’ve been more suitable instead of them altogether. As such, members of the project would’ve been able to clearly state their achievements and calculate the reward based on their efforts, thus becoming more meritocratic.

• From the lists of projects, DAOthon is the only project that doesn’t have tangible results to show for it. This raises questions about their claim to retroactive rewards, as the proposal states.

• There is also considerable dilution in the 2nd round (i.e rounds 2.1, 2.2) of distributing tokens, as rewards are given on members * reward basis.

• There is a constant 50:50 ratio when distributing tokens between the two time frames (until 1 Apr and 1Apr-1Jul) that seems to disregard the fact that the first time frame is twice as big as the second (6 months as opposed to 3 months). One of the solutions could’ve been taking this into account among other factors.

There’ve been healthy discussions inside the committee regarding the future of SFC. Going forward, we will be using this pilot season (as intended) for figuring out things as we go and learning from others. We took notice of the difficulties we’ve had when discussing related to the structure and aim of the SFC and we will be back reiterating some stuff at the end of the season.

2 Likes

Hi, Matei!

Thank you for the feedback.

Is good to see the reasoning behind it and its structure. It is very helpful and may serve when other proposal will be drafted.

I hope that other projects will be encouraged to submit their funding proposals to SFC this there will be enough data points to draft a guid of good practices.

1 Like